K has been such a little sweetie lately. Her beautiful red hair is finally growing in and she loves all the attention she gets. She is such a pretty little princess.
We took a trip to the Logan Temple today, while it was closed. We took some cute pictures of the kids, and we talked to the kids about the importance of the temple.
Here K is touching the temple.
We did not get very many pictures of D, he was too busy running around and playing.
I hope that someday we will see this picture again. A father walking his daughter to the temple.
One reason we went to see the temple is to remind the kids and ourselves of the importance of the work that goes on there and remember our how much our Heavenly Father loves us. My grandmother passed away Sunday. She was 90, but her passing was sudden and surprising. I am so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ, and the knowledge that this life is just one step in the process. There is a life here after, and I will see her again.
Not only do we become eternal families in the temple, but the Logan temple was the same temple that my Grandparents were married in over 60 years ago. Being there today brought back so many memories and brought up lots of thoughts. I thought of my grandparents so young and optimistic, going to the temple to begin their eternal family. That young couple could not have any idea of the life ahead of them, but somehow, it all ended up okay. I also reflected on my own family. We cannot guess what the future holds for us, but in the end it will also be okay. When it is all said and done, we will be a family forever.
Comments
And that picture of you and K is REALLY cute of the both of you!