I love the cabin, it is my happy place. The cabin belongs to my grandmother, and was built by her father and my grandfather. It is in a ponderosa pine forrest, and is so wonderful. It smells so good, it sounds peaceful and looks so beautiful. I spent so many vacations there as a child, and the cabin holds many fond memories. It was fun to watch my children enjoy many of the same activities I enjoyed there.

Aunt Lizzy was so good to the kids. She took them out to swing on the hammock many times a day. They loved it. While laying on the hammock, Lizzy told K to look up. The trees are so tall, you can't see the top. K's reation., "WOW, SOOO BIG!"

D had a blast exploring, getting dirty and generally being a boy.

We took a family outing to the park/lake. Grandpa bought huge marshmallows and we roasted them on the little grills (fire restrictions). We also enjoyed grilled hot dogs and chips. It was fun.

We went to the lake to feed the ducks every day. The kids loved it, and so did Lizzy and I. It is so beautiful there and so nice.

This is my favorite. Okay, grandpa always had this creepy clown on the T.V. cabnit. We all thought it was creepy. So, when we got to the cabin, I went upstairs to look for something in the big closet, and there it was. I laughed at my sinister plan.
I put the clown in the bed Lizzy had claimed and replaced the flower with a knife. I positioned it so as soon as you opened the door the lighted shined across his face.
I waited all night to have Lizzy open the door. I watched T.V. with her and she actually turned to "Chucky" (the scary doll movie). I laughed so hard.
Finally she opened the door, squealed and and ran down the stairs yelling mommy. Ohhh it was sooo good!
Comments