Have you ever seen a toy or kids kit and thought, "(So-and-sos) kid would love that! And ohhhh what a mess it would make." You might even get that super villain laugh in you head when you think of the mess the little recipient would make. There are sooooo many nasty gifts to choose from. This weekend I saw a "make your own lip gloss kit" and a "make your own perfume kit". Are you kidding me? Give a kid a mess of wax and dye or vats of smelly liquids. Both truly diabolical gifts.
There are also things like, tubes with 6 feet of bubble gum balls (excellent for the 3-4 yr. old on your list), Sand art (this one backfired on me when K got into the kit I was giving to someone else), anything with non-washable paints and glues, and really almost any "kit". I hear that little super villain in my head each time I see one of these nasty gifts.
While I was thinking about my evil schemes, a memory of my Grandpa C came to mind. He loved a good practical joke, and took every opportunity to mess with people, especially when it came to kids. He owned a drug store in a small Arizona town during the 50-70's. He would do things like give kids black liquorish ice cream for free, and send the kids out in the hot Az sun. Upset mothers would storm back in with children completely sticky black.
I think one of the best pranks he ever pulled was a Christmas prank. He had been at a Christmas Eve party with many of the other adults in town. One particular couple had gotten plastered, and as I recall the story, were a little obnoxious. So, Grandpa went to the Drug Store, and took a surprise gift to there house. The next morning the parents, with SEVERE hang-overs, woke to the sound of a kid sized drum set.
Grandpa answered the phone that morning to and heard one sentence, "Da** YOU TOM C!"
.jpg)
Comments