Skip to main content

Baby H is here!!!


Our little miracle baby is finally here, safe and happy. This has been quite a journey. I have witnessed many miracles in my life, but the experiences I have had with this pregnancy and delivery are some of the greatest miracles in my life.

If you are like Kent here is the short version: Our baby H was born Jan 29 at 6:00. He weighs 5 lbs. 6 oz. and was 18" long. He has dark hair and is perfect and sweet. (now you can scroll down to the pictures if that is all you want)

For those who want details, like me, here you go. Last Mon. an ultra-sound reviled that our little guy was not growing again. The Dr. recommended coming back in a few days for a non-stress test. Those few days were so hard. Finally on Thurs. we went back, the baby looked fine, but something was still nagging us and causing us anxiety. The Dr. had initially planed an induction on Feb. 5, but after talking to us he called the perinatologist and agreed that it was time to get this baby out.

So, the next day we went to the hospital at 5 a.m. The labor was long and very slow. After hours (10 in fact) of what I though were good hard contractions, I still was not progressing. I realized I would not be able to go on physically with out help and I decided to get an epidural. That is when I had the worst contractions of my life (keep in mind I had K naturally). Unfortunately the first epidural did not work, but finally I did get some relief with the second one.

That is when the Dr came in the room a little concerned. The baby's heart rate was all over the place, and they wanted to watch him closely. The Dr. decided to check me and see how far I was before they decided what action to take next. Suddenly he ran out of the room. (I was pretty nervous) When he ran back in he said it was time. I had gone from a 4 to ready to go in less than 30 min.

I only pushed 2 times and he was here, healthy and beautiful. After he was looked over we had an opportunity to see what when wrong with the pregnancy. The placenta was very small, and was not adequate to provide all his needs. The umbilical cord was also very small and was missing components that gave it structure. The cord was also wrapped around his neck 2 times. So, during labor (and at any other time) the cord easily collapsed slowing his blood supply.

After we all saw the many things that could have gone wrong we were all very emotional. The Dr. said over and over how glad he was that we decided to take him earlier (he said there was a big possibility he wouldn't have lived another week in the womb). We also learned that his heart beat completely dropped when I started pushing, we are so lucky he came so quickly.

I know that so many of you offered prayers on our behalf, and I am truly grateful. We now have our beautiful baby boy safe and sound at home.

Now for what you really want: PICTURES!!!

Here are the pictures from his photo shoot in the hospital. The nurses were pretty excited to dress him and take pictures.


We were all pretty emotional when we had our little miracle safe and sound in our arms.
He loved the heat lamp.
When he is awake he is so bight eyed and alert.
He looked so sweet all wrapped up. (The nurses called it a Moses wrap)
K has been so thrilled to be a big sister.
She is such a proud big sister. (D is super excited too, but he has a cold. So, he has not been able to see the baby too much).
Again, thank you for your love and prayers. I know that it has made a difference. We could not be happier.



Comments

Christine said…
I can't believe how well everything has worked out after all the scares and anxiety you've gone through! I'm so grateful your doctors decided to take action this week. My goodness, what a story!

Congratulations to your whole family, I couldn't be happier for you! Hyrum is absolutely beautiful. Now go enjoy your time together :) *HUGS*
Seleta said…
WOW!I am so happy to hear about your miracle! He is so cute and sweet! congrats!
Katie said…
Congratulations!! He looks like a very cute baby. Sometimes I miss those days.
Rachel said…
I'M SO GLAD AND HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS!!! Oh my goodness!! :)
Cassie and Mark said…
Thanks for the details. We got the condensed version when Kent called the other night, and I've been anxious to know more. I am so glad everything worked out well and that both he and you are healthy. He is so handsome!
Miss M said…
He is beautiful. Congratulations!!!
Eaton Five said…
What a handsome little guy!!!! And what a blessing. So happy for all of you! Congratulations!

Popular posts from this blog

Keep singing until the end of the song

Since my last post we lost 2 more precious babies.  On September 30, 2016 we lost our beautiful baby girl Felicity at 5 months.  Almost a year later, we found out we were expecting agin.  Sadly on Dec.1, 2017 we lost our little boy, Elijah.  I need to write their stories, but the feelings and emotions are still very raw and difficult.  While I hope to share them someday, today is not that day. Today is December 21, just a few more days until Christmas.  I LOVE Christmas.  The lights, smells, delicious food, family and friends, and especially the music.  I love to sing Christmas songs and look forward to it every year.  But this year it was hard to sing the songs I love so much.  This year singing about the miraculous birth brought sadness and even anger.  I have struggled to feel the Christmas Spirit. I imagine it is difficult to experience any loss during the Christmas season.  A holiday that focuses so much on family, fri...

Comparison: The Thief of Compassion

I have often heard the saying, "Comparison is the thief of joy", but as I have been navigating this road of loss and grief, I have noticed how often comparison denies us the opportunity to have true compassion for someone else.  Comparison is often well meaning and kind hearted, but when we or someone else compares grief, loss, or other trials and tribulations, it shifts the focus and burden of compassion off of us and minimizes the other person. A few moths ago I had a startling interaction that caused me to pause and reflect on this.  A great, well meaning friend said something along these lines, "You thought you had it rough loosing your babies, just imagine being in her shoes.....".  I smiled and nodded my head, but inside I was crushed.  Without going into specifics, the other woman unquestionably has some great difficulties ahead of her, but she didn't have to burry any of her children. How could the 2 circumstances possibly be compared? After the frie...

Starting a New Chapter, Part 1

It was late February, and Kent and I were sitting anxiously in the Doctor's office.  We were waiting to hear if our fears were correct, waiting to know if our baby had died.  Our fears were confirmed and our lives changed forever.  That baby we had prayed about and prayed for, the baby we were excitedly expecting was gone. We were at the beginning of our second trimester.  I was just starting to relax, the worry of miscarriage was all but gone.  Things had been going well.  I had normal pregnancy issues like nausea, and I was relieved that my Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) had gone into remission (that can happen when you are pregnant).  Ultra-Sounds had shown us a beautiful healthy baby. The decision to have another baby was not an easy one to make.  The meds I take for RA are dangerous to take during pregnancy and take quite a bit of time to leave your system.  I also knew that while I might go into remission during pregnancy, I...