Seriously, can you believe how GORGEOUS she is. I know it is hard to believe, but that blue-eyed beauty is my baby sister, and she graduated from High School today. I was so glad I was able to be there at this milestone in her life.
During the graduation, I was so very impressed and proud of her. Not because of her academic accomplishments (although she did graduate with honors), but for the beautiful woman I saw she had become. She walked with a special needs girl, taking her by the arm through the entire graduation. It was so sweet.
And last night, at Seminary graduation, she sang "I Am a Child of God" with another special needs student that she calls her angel. She has been helping him in Seminary all year, and has become very close with him and his family. All of her selfless service to some of God's most chosen children is so amazing to me. I sometimes stand in awe at her ability to make them feel at ease, and happy. She definitely has a gift.
The good news about her graduating is she will be going to college and moving much closer to me. :) I know she will not have much time for me in her busy college life, but I am sure she can spare a few hours here and there for some shopping and a milk shake at Charlie's.
The sad news is she is going away to work for the summer and I will not see her for 2+ months :( I don't think I have ever been away from her for that long. It will be strange not seeing her at mom's when I visit.
I was 12 when that beautiful pink baby came into my family. She was my little Squirt. I was so proud of her then, I am so proud of her now.
Comments