Since school has been in for a month, I thought I should catch up on the end of summer happenings.
Labor Day we decided to go to Discovery Gateway museum with the kids. It was pretty fun. I love watching the kids explore and have fun. Here the family is trying to make a good pipe system (I think for a marble).

The construction zone was D's favorite. He has always been my puzzle maker, so this was so fun. Life size puzzle pieces. He even tried to make some of them more dimensional by continuing the building out. It was hard to do, kids kept nocking it down. He took it really well though.

K loved the stage and dress-up area. She got to be a princess in the spotlight. Problem was everyone was watching, and suddenly she was shy. I wonder what she would do on stage if she thought no one was watching.

Bubby loved ridding on this little dog in the baby play area. So, this is where I spent most of my time. There was a funny mirror there too, and he looked at himself and laughed a few times, it was pretty cute.

This is how we all felt at the end of the day, but only Bubby had the connivence of sleeping in his seat.

The end of summer always brings the county fair. Bubby and I did not go this year, he was not feeling well. So, I sent Kent and the kids (and my camera).

I got a few pictures of the kids on rides, and they said they had lots of fun.

We also had a few firsts. Bubby started eating solids. Here he is after his first try with rice cereal. (Do you like it up his nose?) He is very hot and cold about eating. Sometimes I can't feed him fast enough, other times he will not try anything all day long. Oh well.

D started 1st grade (his idea to hold 1 finger up). We had a really rough start. His teacher passed away days before the start of school (we were all sad, she was a fantastic teacher) and D had a substitute for the first week (plus a bit). Things did not go well with the sub. Thankfully, his new teacher came in with lots of enthusiasm and love and he is doing really well again.

K started big girl preschool (not with mom teaching). She couldn't be happier. She LOVES everything about pre-school and her teacher says she is a dream student. Coloring, singing, play pretend, show and tell, she loves all of it. I can't believe how big she is. When did that happen?

For the most part, we are all doing well and we are happy. I had a small adventure of my own a few weeks ago, but more on that later.
Comments
Okay, I want to hear about your adventure.