I would like to say that things have been kinda crazy around here, and that's why I have been absent. But....it just doesn't seem legitimate when I haven't blogged since August. Ops! I might try to post catch-up posts, but for now I just need to move forward.
We had the opportunity to spend the evening with Kent's Grandma today. She is an adorable, spry and amazing 98 year old lady. She is quick with a smile and so sweet. I am so glad we went to see her today.
One of the reasons we went today is my MIL Kay is leaving on an LDS mission to the Ukraine (yup, the Ukraine) in a few weeks. Today was the last opportunity we had to see Kay and Great Grandma. (Aren't they cute).
We brought G-Grandma a corsage and being super girly, she loved it.
The best of the group...here is the 4 generation picture. H was NOT cooperative.
Kent, G-Grandma and Kay.
G-Grandma has an amazing recall of poems and songs. She entertained the kids for quite awhile with her adorable songs. We were all impressed with her ability to recite "Paul Revere's Ride" and the "Gettysburg Address". Amazing memory at 98!
Look at these lovely ladies. Kate is actually the reason we felt the need to go. She is such a little sweetheart. She went to Kent the other day and said, "Dad, I don't really know my great-grandma, and I want to meet her." (Kent's heart melted) Despite our hectic schedule, we decided that we needed to go. (If someone that sweet thinks we need to go, we need to go).
Even though they didn't know each other, there was love between them.
90+ years separate these two, but deep down they are kindred spirits.


Comments