I saw this on my friend Teresa's blog a few weeks ago and I thought it looked like fun. So, here goes 6 quirky things about me.
1. I sing all the time. Not too strange right. Well, I sing little jingles that I made up all day long. Everyone and everything in our house has a theme song. I'm not kidding. We often sing the Kirby song, or the We love dad song, occasionally we even sing the "Pork chops are the only Pork chops" song (from when I was 6) complete with JAZZ HANDS. All simple little tunes by yours truly.
2. I rarely make my bed. I just don't see the point. My bed is where I snuggle with K and tickle D, and it is just to frustrating to make it over and over. It might be lazy, but there it is.
3. I don't read. Not that I can't or don't really want to... it is just that I am incapable of doing anything else except READ THE BOOK, when I try to read a book. Reading just makes me a bad mom/wife. And, I don't find it as relaxing as everyone else seems to.
4. I am still afraid of the dark, and the Bogey man. I don't sleep with a night light or anything, but the dark just freaks me out. I HAVE to turn a light on if I go to the bathroom or check on a kid a night. Just going outside when it is dark outside gets my heart pumping.
5. I think that sharks, alligators and the Loch Nest monster live in all bodies of water. This fear can be traced back to my father. He always saw pool sharks while we were swimming, and I had no idea that that is what you call people in a pool hall (adjacent to the pool). I also have an unusual fear of what lies beneath the surface. Just thinking about it gives me the chills.
6. I have a super memory for the MOST useless information. Along with singing, I quote movies and T.V. shows all the time. It is a habit Kent has too. Simpson's is the most common, but anything will do. I remember the most useless details of the most useless things. It is sad but true. If only I could use my powers for good.
So, there it is. I hope all of you will still want to be my friends. Maybe I will write an awesome theme song for you. . . maybe I already have.
Comments