I thought I would share a few of my most memorable moments with Kent.
I have never seen Kent more excited than the day we had our first baby. When I was in the final stages of labor with D, Kent got soooo excited. His face was actually lit up with joy. It actually made me start chuckling (while I was pushing). I think that happiness and excitment wore off on our son. He came to us all smiles. I know that they say babies can't smile, but he did, and often.
I love watching Kent play with the kids. He loves to play, and the kids love it too. They all get so excited when they hear the car pull in. Fun time.
There are few things as tender as a father's blessing. I love watching Kent give a blessing. He always tenderly strokes the kids (and my) head before he begins. You can feel so much love from him and our Heavenly Father.
One month after D was born I had sudden and severe seizures. I was completely helpless. One vivid memory I have of Kent is in the Emergency Room. He had been so strong and supportive, but once I was in the hospital he finally let it all out. I told him I was okay and we would get through this. He looked up, smiled and said, "I know, I just thought I had actually lost you. You don't know how scared I was". I know that sounds like an odd memory, but it is amazing how much strength you gain when you are facing the most difficult times. That brought us so much closer, and made us realize the importance of our temple sealing.
This morning Kent and I went to the Logan Temple to do sealings. It brought back many wonderful memories. It seems like yesterday that I kneeled across the alter, and he was given to me forever. I am so grateful for all the time and memories we have shared.
I love you Kent.
Comments