When the article said, "You are awesome" D looked up and said, "you're not awesome, you are totally weak". Then he said, "I think there must be another family with a Mariam mom and that's who they are talking about"
WOW!!! I was blown away by the love. Such respect and admiration is the reason I became a mother. It is so nice to know that your kids think you are the best mom ever : ) {Sarcasm is a second language at our house, although I don't think that is what the boy was saying}
K was much kinder to my ego, but cute. She went shopping with Daddy for a present for me. When they got back I could hear him telling her, "Remember, it's a surprise. Don't tell mommy" She ran into the living-room and grinned. I said, "Did you get a surprise for me?"
She said, "Yes, we got you a flow"
"Don't tell me" I said, "It's a surprise"
She responded, "But mom, it's a flower"
D then said, "but you don't know what color it is".
Thinking that he was talking to her she said, "YES I DO! It's red!"
My kids are awesome (not totally weak). I do love being a mom, and even though the pay is lousy, the hours long, and the work thankless I can't imagine doing anything else.
We can't all be "Mother of the Year" (although I often use my title especially when I am a HUGE failure), we are all trying. I know the pain of not being a mother and desperately wanting to be, the pain of knowing that you have wronged your child, and like most moms I have felt like I don't measure up to all I should be.
The truth is we are all beautiful and loved daughters of our Heavenly Father, and He loves us. That is all that really matters. Not all of us have "children", but we are all women with the divine nature of a mothering heart. On this day, lets just remember that.
But, if you really want to be depressed and focus on all the yuck of mother's day, I can have D give you a call.
Happy Mother's Day!
Comments