Skip to main content

Feeling conflicted

I know this might sound strange, but I have felt guilty about posting fun things about my family. So many of my friends and family are going through so many difficult trials right now, and I don't want to seem heartless and insensitive to their pain. That said, I know these people that I love are also excited about our new little guy. So, please know that despite the happy posting, I am still thinking about you, praying for you and worried about you.


Baby H is growing well, at his 2 week check-up he weighed 5Lb. 9oz., and I am sure he weighs even more now. He is a pretty needy baby. He likes to be with mom all the time (but truth be told mom likes to be with him too). I just say that he and I went through a huge ordeal together, and we understand one another.

As needy as he is, he is pretty good. He has already established a night-time routine (that is not to say he is sleeping through the night, but he doesn't need to play at night, just eat change and back to sleep for 2 hours), he is quite alert when he is awake and he is finally letting other people (including dad) hold him.

I love the baby smiles so much.
He love to look at everything while he is awake. He seems to be much more aware than the other kids were at his age.

You can see that he has Kent's nose in this picture. I know it sounds crazy, but we love it, he is the first kid that has a distinguishing characteristic that is definitely one of ours.

Here is K at H on Valentine's day. K LOVES being a big sister. She talks to him all the time, and he loves it. He recognizes her voice almost more than mine.

D likes having a brother too, but he has been sick alot too. I have a feeling that little H is going to think his big brother is AWESOME.
H loves to snuggle with his mommy. He is so sweet, soft and snuggly. I try not to neglect everything else, but it is so hard.
He finally likes his dad, but he really likes him now. Kent loves little babies, so I am glad that H will finally snuggle with dad.

Overall we are doing really well. Sleep depravation is making me a little crazy, but that is totally normal. We are just feeling so lucky to have our little guy. We think about how blest we are everyday, things could have gone very different. It makes my heart feel so good to hold him close.

(the other kids are doing fun things too, I promise to get to them sometime too)

Comments

Seleta said…
It is great to see your update! He is such a doll! Just darling!
TerĂ©sa said…
He is so handsome!! I bet you are just loving him to peaces! I'm so happy you posted, and I LOVE the pics :)

Love you.
Teresa said…
He looks so good!! I am so glad that things have been going well, I have been thinking about you guys a lot. And don't feel bad about neglecting the housework, it will still be there in awhile but your new tiny baby will be all grown up so enjoy him now!
Katie said…
I am glad that all is well at your house. Love the pictures of the new baby. I miss those days when you can just hold them and love on them.

Popular posts from this blog

Keep singing until the end of the song

Since my last post we lost 2 more precious babies.  On September 30, 2016 we lost our beautiful baby girl Felicity at 5 months.  Almost a year later, we found out we were expecting agin.  Sadly on Dec.1, 2017 we lost our little boy, Elijah.  I need to write their stories, but the feelings and emotions are still very raw and difficult.  While I hope to share them someday, today is not that day. Today is December 21, just a few more days until Christmas.  I LOVE Christmas.  The lights, smells, delicious food, family and friends, and especially the music.  I love to sing Christmas songs and look forward to it every year.  But this year it was hard to sing the songs I love so much.  This year singing about the miraculous birth brought sadness and even anger.  I have struggled to feel the Christmas Spirit. I imagine it is difficult to experience any loss during the Christmas season.  A holiday that focuses so much on family, fri...

Comparison: The Thief of Compassion

I have often heard the saying, "Comparison is the thief of joy", but as I have been navigating this road of loss and grief, I have noticed how often comparison denies us the opportunity to have true compassion for someone else.  Comparison is often well meaning and kind hearted, but when we or someone else compares grief, loss, or other trials and tribulations, it shifts the focus and burden of compassion off of us and minimizes the other person. A few moths ago I had a startling interaction that caused me to pause and reflect on this.  A great, well meaning friend said something along these lines, "You thought you had it rough loosing your babies, just imagine being in her shoes.....".  I smiled and nodded my head, but inside I was crushed.  Without going into specifics, the other woman unquestionably has some great difficulties ahead of her, but she didn't have to burry any of her children. How could the 2 circumstances possibly be compared? After the frie...

Starting a New Chapter, Part 1

It was late February, and Kent and I were sitting anxiously in the Doctor's office.  We were waiting to hear if our fears were correct, waiting to know if our baby had died.  Our fears were confirmed and our lives changed forever.  That baby we had prayed about and prayed for, the baby we were excitedly expecting was gone. We were at the beginning of our second trimester.  I was just starting to relax, the worry of miscarriage was all but gone.  Things had been going well.  I had normal pregnancy issues like nausea, and I was relieved that my Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) had gone into remission (that can happen when you are pregnant).  Ultra-Sounds had shown us a beautiful healthy baby. The decision to have another baby was not an easy one to make.  The meds I take for RA are dangerous to take during pregnancy and take quite a bit of time to leave your system.  I also knew that while I might go into remission during pregnancy, I...