Skip to main content

Wedding and what-not

I have lots to report on, but I will try to make it quick. Since most of you will probably be interested in the wedding, I'll do that first.
I was more than happy to help my niece with her wedding. What I didn't know when I volunteered is how sick I would be and that I would have a tonsillectomy only days before. That was all compounded since the engagement was a little over a month long.
I did the flowers and center pieces for the wedding well in advance, than goodness. And, thankfully Kylie, my nice, like simple designs. (I know the picture of the box is strange, but it is the only picture I have of the centerpieces, and I wish you could see the cool ribbon wrap I did on the bouquet, that was the best part)
I had my tonsils out on Tues. and that Fri. was Kylie's wedding. The flowers and decorations were all done, but the cake can't wait that long. Thank goodness I have a fantastic mom and sister who came to my rescue. We were able to get the entire cake decorated on Thurs. night. It was difficult, I decided to do it drug free, so I could see strait. We pretty well trashed mom's kitchen, but in the end it looked great.
We had some troubles with getting the sides to lay flat, but ribbon and poka-dots helped cover that up. I was surprised at how well it came together. Kylie (my niece) wanted the poka-dots, and it just fit her better than the flowers I was thinking about doing would. I was glad too, because the dots were WAY easier. You can't tell here, and I am not sure you could tell at the wedding, but there is shimmer dust on all the dots for a bit of sparkle.
Here is a picture of the ceremony. The wedding was at the groom's aunt and uncle's home on the Snake River. It was a beautiful backdrop, and things went so smoothly.
Admittedly, I was pretty medicated for the wedding. I was so glad I was able to go though. It was so fun to see everyone, and I was glad to join in the celebration. Bubby had fun too. He put on a little show for everyone. He was such a cutie, smiling, laughing and cooing at anyone that would look.
We also got to meet our new nephew born on the 13. Here are the two cousins chilling after a diaper change. Crazy what a difference 5 1/2 months makes. I just kept thinking about how H was even smaller when he was that age. CRAZY!
Friday was also D's 7th birthday, but I will post more on that later.

Now the boring part, I am slowly recovering. I did over do things on Fri., but I would probably do it again. The Dr. told me that Sun. would be my worst day (after the surgical day) and he was right. I decided to send Kent and D home and I stayed at my mom's with the other 2 kids. I was so glad I did.
Things have not been horrible, but it is definitely uncomfortable. I have been trying not to be totally doped up all the time, so I can still function as mom. I came home today, and I hope that I will keep getting better every day.
For such a simple surgery, this sure is a bummer of a recovery. But, I should start feeling better soon, and then I should be able to stay better.

Thanks for all the love and support.

Comments

Orange said…
Wow- you are amazing for doing all that for your niece. I hope she appreciates all you hard work!

Happy late Birthday D! And take it easy at home- let me know if you need me.

Popular posts from this blog

Keep singing until the end of the song

Since my last post we lost 2 more precious babies.  On September 30, 2016 we lost our beautiful baby girl Felicity at 5 months.  Almost a year later, we found out we were expecting agin.  Sadly on Dec.1, 2017 we lost our little boy, Elijah.  I need to write their stories, but the feelings and emotions are still very raw and difficult.  While I hope to share them someday, today is not that day. Today is December 21, just a few more days until Christmas.  I LOVE Christmas.  The lights, smells, delicious food, family and friends, and especially the music.  I love to sing Christmas songs and look forward to it every year.  But this year it was hard to sing the songs I love so much.  This year singing about the miraculous birth brought sadness and even anger.  I have struggled to feel the Christmas Spirit. I imagine it is difficult to experience any loss during the Christmas season.  A holiday that focuses so much on family, fri...

Comparison: The Thief of Compassion

I have often heard the saying, "Comparison is the thief of joy", but as I have been navigating this road of loss and grief, I have noticed how often comparison denies us the opportunity to have true compassion for someone else.  Comparison is often well meaning and kind hearted, but when we or someone else compares grief, loss, or other trials and tribulations, it shifts the focus and burden of compassion off of us and minimizes the other person. A few moths ago I had a startling interaction that caused me to pause and reflect on this.  A great, well meaning friend said something along these lines, "You thought you had it rough loosing your babies, just imagine being in her shoes.....".  I smiled and nodded my head, but inside I was crushed.  Without going into specifics, the other woman unquestionably has some great difficulties ahead of her, but she didn't have to burry any of her children. How could the 2 circumstances possibly be compared? After the frie...

Starting a New Chapter, Part 1

It was late February, and Kent and I were sitting anxiously in the Doctor's office.  We were waiting to hear if our fears were correct, waiting to know if our baby had died.  Our fears were confirmed and our lives changed forever.  That baby we had prayed about and prayed for, the baby we were excitedly expecting was gone. We were at the beginning of our second trimester.  I was just starting to relax, the worry of miscarriage was all but gone.  Things had been going well.  I had normal pregnancy issues like nausea, and I was relieved that my Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) had gone into remission (that can happen when you are pregnant).  Ultra-Sounds had shown us a beautiful healthy baby. The decision to have another baby was not an easy one to make.  The meds I take for RA are dangerous to take during pregnancy and take quite a bit of time to leave your system.  I also knew that while I might go into remission during pregnancy, I...