Skip to main content

You make me sick, so it's time to say good-bye....


I thought I should probably give you all an official update on my heath situation. Here goes. Last Friday I was diagnosed with strep throat for the 4th time in the past 2 months. (The Dr. said it was the worst case he has seen in a couple of years, not fun). I was refereed to an ENT.

So today I saw the ENT and they said I had two choices. 1. get my tonsils removed or 2. go off my RA medication and see if it clears up (but it might not and the RA would probably flair....you get the picture). So, really there was only one choice. Get these nasty tonsils out of here!

Here's the kicker, such bad timing. I volunteered to help with my niece's wedding on July 23. I am quickly trying to tie up any loose ends while I can, but I am still not sure what I am going to do about making the cake...hmmmmmm.

I was also invited to sing in the Brigham City Temple ground breaking ceremony on July 31st, that is definitely not happening. (I'll admit I cried for over 10 min. before I could make the call to the director). How often does an opportunity like this come along? I am pretty sure there is a reason they call it a "once and a life-time opportunity". I cried, and had a little pity party but, I am feeling better about that because........

Kent got tickets to Hawaii!!! (For those of you who don't know Kent's parents are on a mission in Hawaii, so the 2 of us and Bubby will go see them) We leave the beginning of Aug. so, the surgery HAD to be soon, very soon. Plans are tentative, but it looks like I will have the surgery on Tues. the 20th. It took some fancy footwork by the office staff (so very grateful to them), but they got me a date that should allow me a full recovery before our vacation.

Comments

Cindy Sage said…
Boy Merriam you sure are having a rough time...hopefully this will change your future. Hoping for a speedy recovery...
Anonymous said…
Sorry to hear you are going through more stuff like this! Hope you get well soon and let me know if you need anything!
Rachel said…
Awesome!! about hawaii, anyway :) At least there's something to look forward too. I didn't even know you had a neice old enough to be married... ;)
Christine said…
I had no idea you were going through all of this until it was mostly done. I'm so sorry! That sounds miserable.

I know it's been a while, but I hope you're feeling better now. Hugs!

Popular posts from this blog

Keep singing until the end of the song

Since my last post we lost 2 more precious babies.  On September 30, 2016 we lost our beautiful baby girl Felicity at 5 months.  Almost a year later, we found out we were expecting agin.  Sadly on Dec.1, 2017 we lost our little boy, Elijah.  I need to write their stories, but the feelings and emotions are still very raw and difficult.  While I hope to share them someday, today is not that day. Today is December 21, just a few more days until Christmas.  I LOVE Christmas.  The lights, smells, delicious food, family and friends, and especially the music.  I love to sing Christmas songs and look forward to it every year.  But this year it was hard to sing the songs I love so much.  This year singing about the miraculous birth brought sadness and even anger.  I have struggled to feel the Christmas Spirit. I imagine it is difficult to experience any loss during the Christmas season.  A holiday that focuses so much on family, fri...

Comparison: The Thief of Compassion

I have often heard the saying, "Comparison is the thief of joy", but as I have been navigating this road of loss and grief, I have noticed how often comparison denies us the opportunity to have true compassion for someone else.  Comparison is often well meaning and kind hearted, but when we or someone else compares grief, loss, or other trials and tribulations, it shifts the focus and burden of compassion off of us and minimizes the other person. A few moths ago I had a startling interaction that caused me to pause and reflect on this.  A great, well meaning friend said something along these lines, "You thought you had it rough loosing your babies, just imagine being in her shoes.....".  I smiled and nodded my head, but inside I was crushed.  Without going into specifics, the other woman unquestionably has some great difficulties ahead of her, but she didn't have to burry any of her children. How could the 2 circumstances possibly be compared? After the frie...

Starting a New Chapter, Part 1

It was late February, and Kent and I were sitting anxiously in the Doctor's office.  We were waiting to hear if our fears were correct, waiting to know if our baby had died.  Our fears were confirmed and our lives changed forever.  That baby we had prayed about and prayed for, the baby we were excitedly expecting was gone. We were at the beginning of our second trimester.  I was just starting to relax, the worry of miscarriage was all but gone.  Things had been going well.  I had normal pregnancy issues like nausea, and I was relieved that my Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) had gone into remission (that can happen when you are pregnant).  Ultra-Sounds had shown us a beautiful healthy baby. The decision to have another baby was not an easy one to make.  The meds I take for RA are dangerous to take during pregnancy and take quite a bit of time to leave your system.  I also knew that while I might go into remission during pregnancy, I...