Skip to main content

So I hear it's supposed to be summer now....

The calendar says June, but it looks like Mother Nature has other plans.  We have had a VERY wet, VERY cold and rainy start to our summer.  But, we have still had lots of fun.

K was so cute for her pre-school graduation.  She is growing into such a big girl.  We are so proud of her and she is such a sweet, smart little thing.  

 When you've got a mug this sweet, you can't leave it out.

 K and her super amazing pre-school teacher Mrs. Jami.  She is the best teacher ever.  We are so lucky to have her as a pre-school teacher.  

 Here are all the local Cady cousins jumping on the trampoline.  Summer always means more trips to Grandma's house.  

 The family took a small trip to SLC earlier this week.  We went to the Church History Museum and spent several hours in the Children's exhibit.  D was very proud of the magnet quilt square he made.  

 The kids and I enjoyed the Mexican Dance lessons.

 Even Bubby is getting big enough to get in on the fun.

 Our little family in front of the Salt Lake Temple.  

 I was surprised at how well the kids did going to temple square.  They were well behaved and actually interested in learning about things.  I guess they are growing up.

Today I took the kids to the Treehouse Museum with my good friend Kinsey and her kids.  We both have 1 in school 1 preschooler and 1 baby (that's 6 kids if you're counting!!!)

 Bubby liked driving the fire-truck and wearing the super cool hat.

D ridding the bucking bronco (he's starting to look a little too big). 

 Bubby loved climbing through the tunnel and I was so grateful.  I could sit while he did that.  The rest of the time I was running after him as he dodged in and out of every room and corner.  I was very tired by the end.

 The Treehouse Museum is made for K.  She loved dressing up in every room and lost herself in all the imagination.  She thought the cow milking was fun, and I know the entire time she was daydreaming about being a milk maid in some distant land.

 K prepped the table for the tea party.....

 ....and the mad hatter (D) got the hat suck on his big noggin.

 Bubby was pretty sure he was going to get the sward out of the stone.  He climbed up to pull it out all on his own.  I wonder how he knew he was supposed to pull it out?

 May I introduce Martha and George Washington (the little guy is Kinsey's)  I love the stoic looks on their faces (their idea, these two have the best imaginations)

 K was the cutest puppy for the dramatization.  They pick kids out of the audience to act out different parts.  D and his friend M were the prince and king earlier, so we were glad K got play the part of the dog in another show. 

Lastly, K and I in our matching jammies for the mother daughter party.  I hurried home from the museum so I could get to the church for the party.  K and I actually one for the best mother/daughter jammies.  It was a busy day but it was a really fun day too.  

I sure do love being mom to these little monkeys.  

Comments

Miss M said…
Don't you just love childrens museums? They have some of the coolest stuff. Had I visited one of those as a kid, I'm sure I would have been in heaven. What fun.

Congratulations on your matching pj win. My favorite part is the cap. You are the coolest person M.

Popular posts from this blog

Keep singing until the end of the song

Since my last post we lost 2 more precious babies.  On September 30, 2016 we lost our beautiful baby girl Felicity at 5 months.  Almost a year later, we found out we were expecting agin.  Sadly on Dec.1, 2017 we lost our little boy, Elijah.  I need to write their stories, but the feelings and emotions are still very raw and difficult.  While I hope to share them someday, today is not that day. Today is December 21, just a few more days until Christmas.  I LOVE Christmas.  The lights, smells, delicious food, family and friends, and especially the music.  I love to sing Christmas songs and look forward to it every year.  But this year it was hard to sing the songs I love so much.  This year singing about the miraculous birth brought sadness and even anger.  I have struggled to feel the Christmas Spirit. I imagine it is difficult to experience any loss during the Christmas season.  A holiday that focuses so much on family, fri...

Comparison: The Thief of Compassion

I have often heard the saying, "Comparison is the thief of joy", but as I have been navigating this road of loss and grief, I have noticed how often comparison denies us the opportunity to have true compassion for someone else.  Comparison is often well meaning and kind hearted, but when we or someone else compares grief, loss, or other trials and tribulations, it shifts the focus and burden of compassion off of us and minimizes the other person. A few moths ago I had a startling interaction that caused me to pause and reflect on this.  A great, well meaning friend said something along these lines, "You thought you had it rough loosing your babies, just imagine being in her shoes.....".  I smiled and nodded my head, but inside I was crushed.  Without going into specifics, the other woman unquestionably has some great difficulties ahead of her, but she didn't have to burry any of her children. How could the 2 circumstances possibly be compared? After the frie...

Starting a New Chapter, Part 1

It was late February, and Kent and I were sitting anxiously in the Doctor's office.  We were waiting to hear if our fears were correct, waiting to know if our baby had died.  Our fears were confirmed and our lives changed forever.  That baby we had prayed about and prayed for, the baby we were excitedly expecting was gone. We were at the beginning of our second trimester.  I was just starting to relax, the worry of miscarriage was all but gone.  Things had been going well.  I had normal pregnancy issues like nausea, and I was relieved that my Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) had gone into remission (that can happen when you are pregnant).  Ultra-Sounds had shown us a beautiful healthy baby. The decision to have another baby was not an easy one to make.  The meds I take for RA are dangerous to take during pregnancy and take quite a bit of time to leave your system.  I also knew that while I might go into remission during pregnancy, I...