Skip to main content

TAG...you're it


I was tagged to tell a little about Kent and I.  I thought this might be a little fun, it's one of those things you don't know about people so, here goes.


.
Kent and Mariam
1.  Where did you meet?

We met at a mutual college friends party.  It was honestly a roller skate party.  (I know it sound like we are in 7th grade.)

2.  What was the first thing you said?

I was not really nice, but he was really not cool.  He brought out his eagle scout card, for some odd reason.  I teased him relentlessly.  Then I found out he was a seminary teacher, and jokes flew.  (Then he saw my grace on roller skates, and he was smitten forever *for the record, I am really, really bad on skates)

3.  Where was your first date?

I actually asked him out on our first date.  We went to some sort of concert at Poky, and then he asked if I wanted to go out for hot chocolate.  It was simple, but fun.
  
4.  Where was your first kiss?

At his apartment, after Sat. session of General Conference.  (I know, I know, the cheesiness continues)  We had been dating for about 3 months, and I was not about to make the first move on this one.  So, we were snuggling a bit.  Then it was time to go, he gave me a big hug, and then gave me the greatest kiss ever.  (Seriously, it was AWESOME)

5.  Did you have a long or short engagement/courtship?

We were engaged for about 2 1/2 months and dated for about 4 months (before we were engaged). 

6.  Where did you get engaged?

This is a bit of a sore spot, for both of us.  I am a hopeless romantic, and...it wasn't that romantic.  He still feels bad, so I think I should plead the 5th for the sake of marital bliss.    (He did propose in the same place that he knew we were supposed to be together, so that is pretty sweet). 

7.  Where did you get married?

The Idaho Falls Temple.  It was the most BEAUTIFUL day.  Perfect.  And, it was Friday the 13th.  

8.  How did the reception go?

We had two receptions.  One in Poky, and one in Rexburg.  I think they went great, I think.  The decorations were pretty, the food was great.  (Does anyone really remember their reception?)

9.  How was the honeymoon?

Uhhhh, (blushing), it was great.  We stayed at my sister-in-laws, in-law's cabin in Island Park.  It was fun to not have a big agenda, and just play house for awhile.  We did go to West Yellowstone a few times, and saw a few shows and had dinner.  

After that, we have lived happily ever after.  

Comments

Terésa said…
Awww... very cute!
Rachel said…
Teresa beats me every time!! Grrr :) Yes, I love the cheese.
Cassie and Mark said…
I have never heard much about your and Kent's dating and engagement so it was fun to read! Thanks for sharing and sometime, if you're okay with it, I would like to hear about the proposal.
Miss M said…
You mean you DON'T remember me harassing you at your Rexburg reception? I can't believe we're still friends. Humph!!!

Yes, the cheese. It gets better with age, right? Or is it just stinky-er. LT and I met in the celestial room of the SL temple. Now, that's some cheese for you. ha ha ha.

I didn't know any of that about you and your honey. Thanks for sharing.
Mariam said…
Miss M I definitely remember your harassing in Rexburg. It is one of the few memories I have. I was so surprised and happy to see you the. How could I forget you.

Popular posts from this blog

Keep singing until the end of the song

Since my last post we lost 2 more precious babies.  On September 30, 2016 we lost our beautiful baby girl Felicity at 5 months.  Almost a year later, we found out we were expecting agin.  Sadly on Dec.1, 2017 we lost our little boy, Elijah.  I need to write their stories, but the feelings and emotions are still very raw and difficult.  While I hope to share them someday, today is not that day. Today is December 21, just a few more days until Christmas.  I LOVE Christmas.  The lights, smells, delicious food, family and friends, and especially the music.  I love to sing Christmas songs and look forward to it every year.  But this year it was hard to sing the songs I love so much.  This year singing about the miraculous birth brought sadness and even anger.  I have struggled to feel the Christmas Spirit. I imagine it is difficult to experience any loss during the Christmas season.  A holiday that focuses so much on family, fri...

Comparison: The Thief of Compassion

I have often heard the saying, "Comparison is the thief of joy", but as I have been navigating this road of loss and grief, I have noticed how often comparison denies us the opportunity to have true compassion for someone else.  Comparison is often well meaning and kind hearted, but when we or someone else compares grief, loss, or other trials and tribulations, it shifts the focus and burden of compassion off of us and minimizes the other person. A few moths ago I had a startling interaction that caused me to pause and reflect on this.  A great, well meaning friend said something along these lines, "You thought you had it rough loosing your babies, just imagine being in her shoes.....".  I smiled and nodded my head, but inside I was crushed.  Without going into specifics, the other woman unquestionably has some great difficulties ahead of her, but she didn't have to burry any of her children. How could the 2 circumstances possibly be compared? After the frie...

Starting a New Chapter, Part 1

It was late February, and Kent and I were sitting anxiously in the Doctor's office.  We were waiting to hear if our fears were correct, waiting to know if our baby had died.  Our fears were confirmed and our lives changed forever.  That baby we had prayed about and prayed for, the baby we were excitedly expecting was gone. We were at the beginning of our second trimester.  I was just starting to relax, the worry of miscarriage was all but gone.  Things had been going well.  I had normal pregnancy issues like nausea, and I was relieved that my Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) had gone into remission (that can happen when you are pregnant).  Ultra-Sounds had shown us a beautiful healthy baby. The decision to have another baby was not an easy one to make.  The meds I take for RA are dangerous to take during pregnancy and take quite a bit of time to leave your system.  I also knew that while I might go into remission during pregnancy, I...