While drifting off to sleep tonight, I suddenly found myself crying, almost sobbing. I know this might sound strange, but I suddenly felt the huge loss of my grandparents and friends this past year. I think it is the upcoming Holidays that stirred so many emotions.
I suddenly realized there would be no Christmas card from Grandma and Grandpa in the tree this year. There were not as many cards to send, and no gifts to think of (Grandparents were always the hardest to get gifts for). There would be no reason to make phone calls Christmas morning, and most of all, no visits for the Holiday season.
I felt that I had dealt with individual deaths of my Grandparents and friend okay (as a whole loosing 3 grandparents and a close friend in 4 months was pretty rough). I felt happy for them at their passing. I knew they were now free from pain and suffering, and they were with our Heavenly Father, and others who love them. I knew I would miss them, but I didn't realize just how much.
Although times like this are difficult, I hope I will be able to learn from this past year. For one thing it is so important to appreciate the now. You never know who won't be here next year. But more than that, I hope my Christmas and Thanksgiving will take on a whole new meaning.
I have already felt the Holiday stress. You know, do I have all the gifts, Is everything ready.....but I think it is time to take a break. It is time for me to stop and remember. Remember those who I have loved and still love. Remember all the happy memories together. But most importantly, to remember the sacrifice of my Savior Jesus Christ. To remember the love of our Heavenly Father who provided such a beautiful plan so we can be eternal families. I'm going to take time to remember that I have so much to be thankful for.
Comments
So I understand you suddenly crying. I love how you can put things and thoughts into words. You are a precious daughter of our Heavenly Father that is for sure. Neener