
Okay, so not EVERYTHING at IKEA is incredible, but the love-seat I got last summer is. I bought it because it was a little bit smaller than other love-seats (not overstuffed and bulky). We finished our basement remodel and only had room for a little couch, this one was perfect.
I got the couch, and then you pick the slip cover that goes on it. I choose the denim couch (denim seems kid friendly in the family room, and it looks great with the bright yellow walls and red curtains). I have enjoyed it for awhile, but it became SUPER COUCH today.
My little "I do it myself" K helped herself to some yogurt, took it downstairs and smeared it on the couch. It looked awful. Smears of purply pink yogurt, crayon, crumbs of all kinds (food is not allowed downstairs, I wonder how it got there), and general filth was all over the couch.
(This is where it gets good) I took the slip cover off, threw it in the washer and dryer, put it back together, and amazingly it looks like new. I couldn't be happier. For those of you who think "but I hate slip covers, the bunching and sliding". These covers are awesome, they are made to fit the couch perfectly, and the couch even has velcro to hold everything down.
So to be a commercial for IKEA. If you have ever contemplated getting the EKTORP living room furniture, I highly recomend it. (especially if you have independent kids)
Comments