I found the news of your passing difficult to explain. I was happy that you were no longer trapped in a sick body here on earth. Now, your mind is free from the heavy chains of Alzheimer's.
I was also deeply saddened. I love you so much, and I will miss you more than you know.
You have had such a huge impact on my life. You were there from the beginning showing me love and helping care for those who love me. Your occupation was nursing, but it was also your gift. You were a born nurturer. Full of love, kindness and most of all compassion. You dedicated your life to bringing comfort and peace to the most needy. I am sure you had hundreds of friends waiting for you on the other-side. I have felt their presence and love while you have been ill.
I went to the temple the other day, and watched as dear friends were sealed for all eternity. My mind quickly went back to that day in the Snowflake Temple when I was fortunate enough to see grandpa and you sealed. My family was more complete. You had such patience and understanding. You waited so long to receive the blessings of the temple, but you did not complain. You patiently loved your husband, and had faith that he too would understand one day.
I wore your locket today. The one you took with you to nursing school. The pictures inside are of your mother, father and brother. You wore it to remember them while you were away. Today, I wore it to remember you, now that you are away...I will always remember you.
I love you Grandma, and I will miss you until we meet again.
Love forever,
Your granddaughter Mariam
Comments