I'll be honest, I have really struggled with the idea that we will be bringing a baby home soon. I think all of his heath scares along with other tragedies involving close friends have made me nervous about getting things ready. That said, I finally got a few things done for our new arrival. And, I think emotionally I am finally getting there.
Everyone has different things they "need" to get done for a new baby. Here are a few of mine.
I really do LOVE the way this quilt turned out. I fell in love with the "Fun with Dick and Jane" print before I had a pattern, but I had to buy it anyway. (The light blue has small illustrations from the book, the white and black is actually text from the books, and the yellow and blue are just cute dot patterns). Good friends helped me find the quilt pattern (thanks Lesa and Sheena), and I think it was the easiest quilt I have done. I quilted it on the sewing machine, and the only tricky part was quilting around the circles. Circles are probably best to hand quilt, at least for me.
D loves the quilt he is really into "Dick and Jane" right now. He said he is excited to read quilt to the baby, and then maybe he will read the book to him too.
Here is the back of the quilt. A good friend suggested adding a strip panel down the back to extend the fabric to the right size and I really like the look (thanks Kins).
So, now that I have made a few things for the new bundle of joy, I should probably focus on the real essentials. You know, like a place to sleep, clothes, car seat, diapers.....all the things I should be focusing on. At least I have a few more weeks.
Comments