Skip to main content

Christmas fun

We had a fantastic, but crazy Christmas this year. Here are a few pictures of the insanity.

We always have fun putting up the tree. Our sad little tree has probably seen its last Christmas, but I love the see all the ornaments. Kent and I made most of them when we were first married, and the kids have added their ornaments through the years. It's rather rustic looking, but I love our little homemade tree. (side note: it is also fairly baby proof because the ornaments are mostly wood and fabric. Especially good this year)
K was very proud of the ginger bread man she made.
I made all the grand-kids (on my side of the family) pj's for Christmas eve. Here is the cute group (minus my brother's girls).
I did make WAY too much this Christmas, and I added to the stress by encouraging my kids to make presents for each other. However, they were so excited to give their hand made gifts on Christmas it was worth it. Here is Bubby playing his formula can drum (made by K) using the drum sticks D made. It was and still is one of his favorite toys. (That boy LOVES to make sounds)
K being sweet posing for a picture. Sure love that sweet face.
A picture of the insanity. Lots of people, but lots of fun.
Here is my sister and my nephew L wearing the dinosaur hat I made him.
My little niece L wearing her little cupcake hat I made.
This was the best hand made present. D was so proud of his creation. What is it you ask?
A finger rest of course. He was so cute about it. He brought it to me so excited and told me it was a finger rest, "for when her finger feels tired". Love it.
Lizzy (sister in tie-dye) got Disney sing it for the Wii and it was the hit of the day. Somehow my slightly tone deaf D received consistent 5 stars, while little M (singing below) did not (even though she sang and sang her little heart out)

I love this one, the 3 kids and Uncle Josh are singing, and little L just can't take it anymore.
D went throw boomerangs with the big boys.
And as always we ate VERY well.
The girls all got pretty green dresses for Christmas. For any of you wondering where K gets her red hair, here is part of the answer. My brother's two sweet girls have red hair too. Little A (my sister's daughter) is completely unconscious for the picture, it was a long weekend.
That's it for the Christmas with my side of the family. More to come on Kent's family reunion.

Comments

Miss M said…
I heard I just missed you at church in Pocatello. I would have loved to have seen you. We had, well, my daughter had a meltdown so we went to a later sacrament. Joanna told me you were there.

Thanks for sharing your Christmas.
Miss M said…
AND, I love the hats!
Mariam said…
I am sorry I missed you to M. I was actually very, very sick, so I only made it to sacrament meeting, and I shouldn't have gone to that. Understand the post-Holiday meltdowns, not fun.

Popular posts from this blog

Keep singing until the end of the song

Since my last post we lost 2 more precious babies.  On September 30, 2016 we lost our beautiful baby girl Felicity at 5 months.  Almost a year later, we found out we were expecting agin.  Sadly on Dec.1, 2017 we lost our little boy, Elijah.  I need to write their stories, but the feelings and emotions are still very raw and difficult.  While I hope to share them someday, today is not that day. Today is December 21, just a few more days until Christmas.  I LOVE Christmas.  The lights, smells, delicious food, family and friends, and especially the music.  I love to sing Christmas songs and look forward to it every year.  But this year it was hard to sing the songs I love so much.  This year singing about the miraculous birth brought sadness and even anger.  I have struggled to feel the Christmas Spirit. I imagine it is difficult to experience any loss during the Christmas season.  A holiday that focuses so much on family, fri...

Comparison: The Thief of Compassion

I have often heard the saying, "Comparison is the thief of joy", but as I have been navigating this road of loss and grief, I have noticed how often comparison denies us the opportunity to have true compassion for someone else.  Comparison is often well meaning and kind hearted, but when we or someone else compares grief, loss, or other trials and tribulations, it shifts the focus and burden of compassion off of us and minimizes the other person. A few moths ago I had a startling interaction that caused me to pause and reflect on this.  A great, well meaning friend said something along these lines, "You thought you had it rough loosing your babies, just imagine being in her shoes.....".  I smiled and nodded my head, but inside I was crushed.  Without going into specifics, the other woman unquestionably has some great difficulties ahead of her, but she didn't have to burry any of her children. How could the 2 circumstances possibly be compared? After the frie...

Starting a New Chapter, Part 1

It was late February, and Kent and I were sitting anxiously in the Doctor's office.  We were waiting to hear if our fears were correct, waiting to know if our baby had died.  Our fears were confirmed and our lives changed forever.  That baby we had prayed about and prayed for, the baby we were excitedly expecting was gone. We were at the beginning of our second trimester.  I was just starting to relax, the worry of miscarriage was all but gone.  Things had been going well.  I had normal pregnancy issues like nausea, and I was relieved that my Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) had gone into remission (that can happen when you are pregnant).  Ultra-Sounds had shown us a beautiful healthy baby. The decision to have another baby was not an easy one to make.  The meds I take for RA are dangerous to take during pregnancy and take quite a bit of time to leave your system.  I also knew that while I might go into remission during pregnancy, I...