My little K is a funny and funny little girl. I love her and her sweet little personality so much. She has always been a girly girl, and the older she gets the more extreme it gets. She wants to have a princess party for her birthday, and she asked for "you know those little sandwiches mom, that are like triangles, but little triangles not the big ones and the crusts are cut of, you know those, I want those sandwiches. And hot chocolate for the tea, because we don't drink tea so I think hot chocolate. Oh, and pretty cupcakes." She is always looking for the prettiest things.
So, yesterday I went with my sister to ikea (aka mom Disneyland). When I came home I was flipping through the catalogue and K came to look too. We came to a page and I said, "Oh, there is the chandelier I want to get for your room when we move you and D." She informed me that wasn't a good picture, I agreed so we went to the computer to look it up.
I clicked on "bedrooms" and the first picture on the page had the chandelier in it. She saw it, and burst into tears. I held her and said, "It's okay, you don't have to have that light, and that is not what your room will look like."
She tearfully looked up and said, "It's already gone. Someone already bought it and put it in their house. See..." I laughed, gave her a big hug and explained there were hundreds of lights made and there would be enough for her.
Today she brought me some pennies she found. When I asked what they were for she said it was for the chandelier. Sweetly, D said he had a $3 for her too (I kinda got teared up at that). Needless to say, I think she will be getting a lighting feature for her birthday.

Oh, and can you guess the name of my new background. It's K.....girl. How appropriate (if only it had pink glitter).
Comments