I can't believe my little guy is 1 already. He has grown into such a sweet little boy, and I am really enjoying being his mommy. We had a fun time celebrating this little milestone with a Milk and Cookies party at my mom and dad's home.
Here is a picture of the hutch decorated with balloons, stars, cookie jars and pictures of my sweet little guy. We had a lunch of Swedish meatballs (one of H's faves), grommet pigs in a blanket (seriously, my dad made fancy bread wrapped hotdogs) and a few other finger foods. After we enjoyed a big cookie bar (2 types of oatmeal, chocolate chip, loaded chocolate chip, circus cookies, oreos, sugar cookies and pecan sandies). Of course we had lots of milk on hand. What's a cookie without milk?
He had fun opening presents. He actually seemed to understand what to do, open the bag and find a surprise.
He seemed to like his little scooter bike, it would only go backwards for him though.
I was so excited to give him his birthday cake. I love a good messy baby, but Bubby had other plans. It started out good. The candle was interesting.
Okay, the frosting is squishy and kinda sweet.
AHhhh! The frosting is TOO STICKY!
I think in this picture he is saying, "get this stupid cake away from me and wash my hands, AGAIN." The cake was no good for H.

We had fun, and I appreciate the people who helped make the party a success and those who came to enjoy in the fun.
I do love this little guy so very much. We are so very blest to have this healthy, happy boy in our lives. He love to smile and laugh. He thinks his dog is fantastic and his big brother is the coolest (D's name was one of his first words). He loves to snuggle with mom and looks forward to playtime with dad everyday. He is a funny combination of independent (insisting on feeding himself with a spoon) and clingy (following me around all day). He loves music, and loves to make sounds. Anything and everything is a musical instrument in his hands.
He has a tender little heart and a sweet disposition. I love him so very much.


Comments