So, I was so excited to get more wire that I had to get to work. I also needed to resupply my stock for sale (I did update my wired mommy blog). I pulled out my table and got to work, I also needed to just get my mind off of everything else. So, I sat there bending, cutting and having fun. I was just doing finishing work when K started screaming next to me.
I let K sit next to me while I work. She usually threads beads onto a piece of wire over and over again. She gets into things, but is usually just really good and quiet. So, I heard a scream, looked over and saw she had a tube of jewelry glue in her mouth and had bit into it until it burst.
I panniced alittle. I grabbed her hand, and the phone and ran to the kitchen sink. I called poison control (1-800-222-1222 just incase) and tried to calm down enough to tell the guy on the line what had happened.
It wasn't as toxic as I thought it might be, but she had glue all over her cheeks and in her mouth. I cleaned her out as much as possible, had her rinse out her mouth, gave her a drink, and threw out the glue. We calmed down a little (Kent and D were gone, of course), and I went on with life.
Pretty soon I heard K whimpering and I found her frustrated in the bathroom. The poor little thing was sitting trying to unstick her fingers. I was so busy trying to get her face cleaned up that I hadn't looked for glue anywhere else. Plus, I think I held her hand together pretty hard when I was panicked.
Long story longer, she is fine now. She has a little rash on her checks and her hands but she is well. I guess I will keep better track of my glue from now on.
Comments